Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A New Friend Is Joining the Magic Show


Here he is! Oh well, only a glimpse of him right now. His name is Marco the monkey. He will be doing a guest spot in the Summer 2015 show. I have the distinct feeling that Marco will steal the show.

I first saw Marco (actually Marco's uncle) in a different show. It was the wonderful Le Grand David Magic Show in Beverly Mass. The magician's name in that show was Marco (which I named my little friend after). Marco the magician's use of the monkey was hysterical. It truly brought the house down. In many ways, I'm almost glad that I don't remember what he did. I just remember how funny it was. But my friend Marco, whose real name was Cesareo Pelaez, passed away in 2012. Last year, in 2014, the rest of the company/cast members sold off all the props from the show and later in the year the theatre that they had used for over 30 years was sold as well.

So I decided I would add a Monkey routine to my show and I named him Marco after my friend. He will be making small appearances in shows prior to summer. But with any luck, I'll have a full fleshed out routine ready to go by the first Summer shows. Marco will be appearing in the Ultra-Magic Show. If you'd like to see a picture of Marco the Monkey's Uncle, yes, he was a Monkey's Uncle, look below.

By the way, Marco the Monkey is only going to the Summer 2015 shows. IF his run is successful, and I expect it to be, he is getting a promotion and moving on to a different magic show.


No comments:

Post a Comment